Ningwakwe Learning Press is an Aboriginal social enterprise. We create, publish, market and print Indigenous literacy and cultural learning resources for all peoples. We envision a future world where Indigenous communities and others celebrate and nurture holistic literacy, language and culture.
- has successfully published quality books, resources and publications since 1999
- would like every Aboriginal learner in Canada to have access to our materials
- want mainstream schools, libraries and bookstores to have access to our catalogue so that Aboriginal culture can be well represented in their collections.
- create learning materials and curriculum that meet the needs of adult learners in a holistic and culturally relevant way
- participate, support and collaborate with various provincial and national literacy and education research initiatives
- provide expert publishing and printing services to all businesses and organizations
- give back to First Nation communities
- a future where Indigenous communities and others celebrate and nurture holistic literacy, language and culture
- increased cultural knowledge and cross-cultural understanding through our publications
- support culture and language retention efforts of Aboriginal authors across Canada